Family Violence Response Centre
What is Safe Steps?
Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre is Victoria’s statewide first response service for women and children experiencing family violence
If you or someone you know needs help…
Call Safe Steps 24/7 on 1800 015 188 for confidential support and information.
Translator services are available.
Safe Steps is an LGBTIQA friendly and culturally respectful service.
How Safe Steps can help
When you call the Safe Steps 24/7 response phone line on 1800 015 188 you will speak to a professionally trained family violence support worker.
The support worker can help you …
- Explore options to increase your safety, whether you want to stay in the relationship or leave
- Create a personal safety plan designed to keep you and your children safe
- Access safe emergency accommodation for you, your children and your pets (if you have any)
- Stay in your own home, with your children, while the abuser is required by law to leave
- Understand your legal rights and entitlements
- Connect with Police or apply for an intervention order
- Connect with local support agencies in your area